Monday, June 28, 2010

Alicia Keys......ummmm did you forget?!!!!!



I must say I'm pretty torn with Alicia Keys. I love her music, she's a very beautiful woman, and glows even more now that she is with child. However, I can't seem to get past the hypocrisy. Honestly, here you are, always empowering women, always talking about superwomen, and proving that real women do exist, just to end up snatching up somebody's husband and getting knocked up. I found myself in awe and disgust at the same time when she gave her awards speech and shouted out all the superwomen in the world.


It doesn't stop there. Alicia, did you forget you got a whollllllllllllle baby in your tummy?! As a mother, I have to say that she was very reckless up there on that stage, although I enjoyed the performances. From the Dolce & Gabbana mini dress that all but bared her cooter, to the sky high YSL pumps (red at that, sorry, I don't get the idea of matching that with purple) she wore walking seductively around stage. Does being knocked up make you feel sexier?And if so, why didn't I feel that sexiness when I was pregnant?!


Her "Adore" performance took the cake though. When is it EVER okay when you're 6 months pregnant to climb on stuff?! Not just climbing but rolling around! As my grandparents, parents, and any other old school folks would say, "Get somewhere and SET ya ass DOWN, Alicia!" Now is the time to get back behind that piano and just sing and play!
Here's the Prince tribute performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV_Qn3fT4N8
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment